Monday, August 3, 2015

DOC HOLLIDAY'S "MOST WANTED NEWSLETTER" #9


NEWSLETTER #9


DOC HOLLIDAY'S
141 Avenue A, NYC
HOURS: Open 7 days a week 12pm-4am since 1994
THE OG NYC HONKY TONK BORN IN THE 90's
THE SOLE SURVIVOR LAST ONE STANDING!!!
JORGE & JOANNA

CATHERINE & JENNA

CHRISTINA & REGULARS

JULIA & CHRISTINA

FRIDAY HAPPY HOUR FUN

JULIA, JOANNA, & CHRISTINA





JILL, JO, DAVID, ALYSHA




SCHEDULE WEEK AUGUST 3-9th


MONDAY
AM Christina
PM  Jenna

TUESDAY
AM Laura
PM  Julia

WEDNESDAY
AM Joanna
PM  Laura

THURSDAY
AM Christina
PM Laura

FRIDAY
AM Joanna
PM Catherine & Jenna

SATURDAY
AM Joanna
PM Christina & Jenna

SUNDAY
AM Christina
PM Julia


DOC HOLLIDAY'S REGULAR OF THE WEEK: KT 

1. Where did you grow up?

Tallahassee, Florida. Wait, is this a trick question? Docs!

2. What's your 1st memory or experience with alcohol.
I was told once that my parents were having a party and I kept going around asking for “sips pwease” from everyone’s beer..I think I was 3 or so..another is that my mom gave her her jack and coke by mistake when she brought me some gatorade. I took a sip of that by mistake and puked it EVERYWHERE. I still can not drink and HATE whiskey or bourbon to this day. 

3. Describe your first time at Doc Holliday’s?

I lived across the street, staggered in on a Sunday afternoon with one of my BFF’s, and got cut off at 8 PM by the night shift bartender…I’ve been coming back ever since.

4. Fav jukebox song at Doc Holliday’s.This changes constantly. But probably “I'd Have To Be Crazy” by Willie Nelson, “Shine” by Dolly Parton. Hank 3…there is so much to chose from. I have really grown to LOVE and know the jukebox over the years. I still manage to find something new. And anything on my CD [91!!].

5. What's your favorite Doc Holliday's story?

Its hard to pin point just ONE down, as there are so many gems through out the years. Here is a few…I promise they are all worth reading!

On a Friday night, when Joanna and a former bartender who will remain unnamed to protect the innocent cut some yuppies tie off when  [8???] years ago or so at the very beginning of the night. Though the guy was egging her on to do this, he got his panties all in a twist, and called the cops on her for “harassment” or something of that nature. I can’t remember the full details [fuzzy, drunk..you know…] But, Fun fact: the tie still hangs behind the bar and says “die yuppie scum” on it or something like that. Docs is not rowdy like that anymore. It’s MUCH more mellow these days. 

Annual Orphan’s Thanksgiving, a gazillion years ago. When “Chino grabbed Francine’s cookie”, as Jason Rosario put it. And Francine choked Chino out and slapped him for performing this act. Probably the best Thanksgiving I have ever had. 

Same bartender from the tie incident being so wasted that she rang $8.00 on the register and thought it was 8 PM and started yelling “last call”  when it was about 4 PM on a Sunday afternoon, and Joanna and Dave were also both sitting at the bar at the time, I believe. 

GRACIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

And one more: Mags doing the worm on-top of the bar towards myself and Eamon one random Wednesday night. I will never, ever, ever forget that. Easily a top 10 life moment. 

6. Explain what you like most about Docs? 

The regulars, the staff - old and new, Joanna, the jukebox. Gracie! Wine spritzers and tequila….mmm…………the fact that I can go to docs “alone” though i’m never really “alone”..the jukebox..tequila….GRACIE!

THE DRINK SPECIAL :

The Katie, “Caturday night special” - shot of patron silver and a wine spritzer in a pint glass [bring your own lemons for the spritz for refreshing goodness!] - does not have to be had together! 


No comments:

Post a Comment