Monday, November 2, 2015

DOC HOLLIDAY'S MOST WANTED NEWSLETTER VOL. #22

                                             DOC HOLLIDAY'S
141 Avenue A, NYC
HOURS: Open 7 days a week 12pm-4am since 1994
THE OG NYC HONKY TONK BORN IN THE 90's
THE SOLE SURVIVOR LAST ONE STANDING!!!





















SCHEDULE WEEK:  November 2-8th

MONDAY
AM Christina
PM  Nicole

TUESDAY
AM Laura
PM  Nicole

WEDNESDAY
AM Jade
PM  Laura

THURSDAY
AM Taylor
PM Christina

FRIDAY 
AM Joanna
PM  Christina & Nicole

SATURDAY
AM Joanna
PM Christina & Jade

SUNDAY
AM Taylor
PM Julia 



SCOTT (with Joan)

DOC HOLLIDAY'S REGULAR OF THE WEEK: SCOTT a.k.a. SCOTTY HOLCOMB a.k.a Clinton haircut

1. Where did you grow up?
Kingsport, TN

2. What is your 1st memory of alcohol?
Probably pilfering from my friend Ben’s parents’ liquor cabinet with a book on how to make cocktails. I remember pint glasses of White Russians with chocolate syrup.

3. What was your first time at Doc's: 
October 17, 2005. I lived in Virginia and was in town to visit my then long-distance girlfriend and see two Liz Phair shows at Irving Plaza. She had to work, so she told me to go hang out at this bar she loved and she would pick me up there before the show. Miss Li was working. I sat down and ordered a PBR because that’s what everyone else was drinking. She said I was drinking Busch. By the time my girl came to get me, I had a nice head full of steam for the show. When we broke up, the ex said she was keeping Doc’s in the split. Yeah, that didn’t happen.

4. Favorite jukebox song: 
Country Roads – Jason & the Scorchers or Pancho and Lefty – Willie and Waylon

5. Favorite Doc's memory: 
Probably the first Saturday night that I walked in and Chino slid the seat beside him out for me. That’s when I knew I was family.

6. What do you like most about Doc's:
I’ve made some of my best friends in the world at Doc’s, some that became more family than friends. Not only did I spend 1 orphan Thanksgiving there, I spent the next three (?) with family from Doc’s in another location. No matter how long I’ve been away, I’m always greeted with a smile by the bar staff and whatever regulars happening to be hanging out at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment